MAGNET LEVITATION KIT BY DOWLING MAGNETS
Explore the wonders of magnets!
Investigate the mysteries of equilibrium, gravity, and magnetism! Make leaning magnets magically balance without touching, and then build your own magnetic levitating train.
Includes 5 shorter experiments and 5 longer projects. Ages 10+/Grades 5+. Adult participation suggested.
- 5 BASIC MAGNETISM EXPERIMENTS - Earth as a Magnet, Attraction and Repulsion, What Magnets Attract, Temporary Magnetism, and Magnetic Strength.
- 5 IN-DEPTH PROJECTS - Magnetic Pendulum, Magnetic Pendulum Spacing, Balance Gravity and Magnetism, Magnetic Oscillations and Energy, and Levitating Train.
- HELPFUL GUIDE AND VIDEO - Guide has activities aligned with Next Generation Science Standards, trouble-shooting tips, and a glossary. Instructional video on YouTube!
- INDIVIDUAL OR GROUP - For one child or a small group working together.
- INSTRUCTION OR FUN - Ideal for science fair projects, STEM programs, maker spaces, classroom labs, or at-home fun.
Magically balance the invisible magnetic forces of leaning magnets... without them touching one another!
Construct a levitating train using special high-force magnet strip, wood, and plastic guide rails!
STEM experiments and projects included align with Next Generation Science Standards.
- Neodymium magnet, ceramic magnets, high-force magnet strip
- Wood, plastic guide rails, nail, iron filings, compass
- Activity guide
Other supplies required (not included):
- Paper, pencil or pen, scissors, ruler, paper clips, thread or strings
- Jar of contact cement with brush, lightweight tape, masking tape
- Book, magazines, clay or Styrofoam, BB or pebble, sandpaper
- Nickel, penny, dollar bill, quarters
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.